A balloon can allow you to fish multiple lines at a set depth and can get your lines away from the boat or whatever location you’re fishing from. Fishing with balloons is similar to bobber fishing, fishing with a cork, or kite fishing, but balloon fishing has a few distinct advantages.
- Using a balloon to suspend your live or dead bait allows you to “float” baits out to different areas and cover more water.
- Easily control the depth of your live or dead bait.
- The hook set is better with live bait balloons.
- Balloons move across the water faster than a bobber, creating the lifelike movement of a baitfish.
- Great for night fishing.
- Bright colored balloons stand out and are more visible than bobbers or corks.